Sew Make Time!

This is oftentimes hard to do and if you're like me, you sometimes reach a point where you just need to sew. I seem to get more sewing done after 11pm then at any other time....

09 September 2009

It keeps going and going and going...

No, not the Energizer bunny. My fabric stash.

The Modern Spirit in Squares pattern in Quick Quilts seemed an ideal use of the 7 colors of daisy fabric from Valori Wells Fleurish line sitting in my stash.


A few extra blocks and more fabric so why not try a pieced back?




And there's still fabric left! I'm thinking to myself that there must be at least enough to create a doll quilt, table topper or a wall hanging. So I start. What do I find? I have enough to make another whole lap quilt!



Now I need to see if I can piece the remainder of my Fleurish stash into a back for the coin quilt!
Hmmm, space to buy more fabric.









Why is it when you're trying to use up fabric it seems endless and when you're trying to use a specific amount for a project it seems you always need just a little bit more?

16 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

I love how bright and cheerful it is!

2:50 PM  
Blogger ...dotty... said...

I loved the first one when I saw it on Flickr, but now my favorite is the third.....the coin quilt, you call it?

Beautiful !

4:34 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

This is great! Both quilts are so bright and cheerful! And fabric that lasts forever? Magic fabric? What a find!!

4:36 PM  
Blogger Zonnah said...

It is beautiful!

7:12 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Isn't it great to come up with a variety of lovely quilts using the same fabrics.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

oh i love this one so cheery and colourful. well done. I agree with your last statement.

11:24 PM  
Blogger tooznie said...

Fabulous bright cheerful colours!

6:04 AM  
Anonymous Candi said...

I love how the white fabric really makes the blocks "pop".

5:55 PM  
Blogger Rene' said...

Yeah...sometimes it can be never ending. I love your quilts. Very cheery and colorful. Thanks for sharing.

9:54 PM  
Blogger W. Latane Barton said...

It's so colorful and cozy looking. Like the different views of your quilts.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

What fun quilts! And I agree, when you're trying to use it up, it seems to be endless... and when you need just a tiny bit more, it runs out before you can finish your project. It's that Murphy...

5:43 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

very pretty

9:15 AM  
Blogger stitchinpenny said...

I love your quilts. The fabrics are great.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Happy Cottage Quilter said...

What a fun quilt! I am trying to make my way through the quilt festival. There are so many lovely quilts to look at.

Jocelyn
http://happycottagequilter.blogspot.com/

4:40 PM  
Blogger Camille said...

I completely agree! I have too much fabric, but never what I need to finish a project. Looks like you lucked out- your quilts are beautiful! I can't wait to see your Winter Piece of Cake!

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. Have a great day!

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Casey said...

Such bright colors. I love it.

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home